In a world of business that is constantly moving and shaking, your company needs to stand out. There’s more to business than intelligence and wit. Those are the tools that start a business, but if your start-up has grown from a small bedroom business and into an office, there are some accessories you’ll need that will keep things moving smoothly!
Everyone who works in a professional environment needs accessories, but what about your office? What accessories can your office use to make life easier? With our checklist, you can ensure your business has everything it needs to be successful:
- Ergonomic Furniture: A good business owner takes care of the health and wellbeing of their staff. By investing in furniture that is ergonomically correct, you can make sure that your employees – and yourself – are comfortable during business hours.
- Desk Supplies: Start with the basics here. Pens, pencils, Post-Its – the three P’s of an equipped office. Add in notebooks, highlighters, staplers and paperclips and you have all you need on your desk. Your equipment on your desk should enable you to make notes as you need, be creative and keep going with normal business.
- Technology: Most companies will invest in a great office computer network with a central system that is managed by an IT team. You could use a smartphone or a tablet to manage your business, but with a proper laptop or desktop computer you can manage things even better. Don’t forget, you will also need a stellar broadband connection and wireless router, photocopier and printing that can handle the needs of your company.
- Branding: Branding equipment for your company covers letterheads, envelopes and folders. You want to put your name onto everything and you can use Vista Prints to get high-quality business cards without breaking the bank. Having your business cards on your desk for easy access when you are heading to meetings is smart, so get designing!
- Mailing: If your company is going to be relying on the postal system as well as email, then investing in the right postage supplies including a franking machine, is a smart idea for your company. Stock up on different types of envelopes, stamps and have printed compliment slips ready to go when you post invoices and contracts for your company.
- Calendars: The busier your company gets, the more you’ll need to stay organised. Time management is key for a company and if you have wall planners in your office, you can ensure your whole company can coordinate together.
- Storage: Filing your folders and paperwork away is going to be necessary in your company, so invest in some great storage. You’ll need filing cabinets and cupboards dedicated to the important paperwork that you need to keep.
Your start-up needs to have accessories to be successful and if you are growing your company, it’s ever more important to have a well-equipped office that is comfortable for your employees. Invest early and you can have an office that is well-run and happy!